At JKBD, our beautifully crafted homes are innovative in design and will stand the test of time. For over 20 years, our skillful designers and builders have worked with families across Melbourne to design some of the most highly regarded properties and residences in the city.
Since its inception in 1998, JKBD has been regarded as one of Melbourne’s most renowned building designers. Devoting time and attention to knowledge in design and housing, we stand by sustainable building designs and property development – positioning us at the cornerstone of metropolitan Melbourne building design.
Over 20 years of experience in sustainable building design
Since its inception in 1998, JKBD has been regarded as one of Melbourne’s most renowned building designers. Devoting time and attention to knowledge in design and housing, we stand by sustainable building designs and property development – positioning us at the cornerstone of metropolitan Melbourne building design. We’ll work with you to design and build a lasting home that’s environmentally, economically and socially sustainable. Our expert team of building design consultants take pride in their work, putting the needs of our clients at the forefront of everything they do. Get in touch with us today and find out why we’re one of the leading residential building consultants in Melbourne.
Book an initial consultation with one of our building design consultants
Ready to bring your ideas to life? Let’s talk. All our residential properties are crafted and designed to suit your unique vision. To book in a free consultation with one of our building designers, give the team a call and we can start a conversation to discuss your options and assess development feasibility.
During this stage, our designers will work to prepare a site analysis and preliminary brief for your residential project which incorporates:
- Property research and site selection.
- Site measurements and existing conditions.
- A preliminary analysis and review of all planning overlays and policies.
- Creating indicative budgets.
The home design and planning stage is where we help develop the overall architectural design concept as well as begin gathering necessary paperwork required for the project. In this stage typically we will walk through the following:
- Custom concept design.
- Planning and development drawings.
- Town planning submissions and application management.
In the building and construction documentation phase, our team will develop detailed working drawings and finalise any documentation and permits required to begin the construction phase, including:
- Working drawings.
- Construction and interior design documentation.
- Consultant engagement and administration (soil report, drainage and structural design, etc).
- Building permit administration and management.
JKBD also offers negotiation services to clients looking for assistance in soliciting tenders and developing contracts. We can assist with:
- Requesting competitive tenders from our panel of building partners.
- Responding to enquiries from tenders.
- Requesting tender recommendations.
As experts in town planning, JKBD is committed to providing guidance and knowledge to residential projects, helping achieve the best return on investment for stakeholders.
Our town planning consultants can help:
- Obtain development approvals from local councils.
- Conduct research and support throughout the VCAT process.
- Cover development, sub-division and fit-out or signage requirements.
Planning to knockdown? Consider maximising your investment ROI and outlay costs by doubling your earning potential and turning a single-dwelling into dual occupancy. The experts at JKBD can get arrangements in order, including:
- Developing a personalised building plan and drawing for the dwelling.
- Town planning and construction documentation.
- Appraising and analysing your site.