Property Development & Design in Melbourne
Innovative designs. Comprehensive services. Extensive expertise.
At JKBD, our beautifully crafted homes are innovative in design and will stand the test of time. For over 20 years, our skillful designers and builders have worked with families across Melbourne to design some of the most highly regarded residences in the city.
Over 20 years of experience
Since its inception in 1998, JKBD has been regarded as one of Melbourne’s most renowned building designers. Devoting time and attention to knowledge in design and housing, we stand by sustainable building designs and construction management – positioning us at the cornerstone of metropolitan Melbourne design.
During this stage, our designers will work to prepare a site analysis and preliminary brief for the project which incorporates:
- Property research and site selection.
- Site measurements and existing conditions.
- A preliminary analysis and review of all planning overlays and policies.
- Creating indicative budgets.
Design & Planning Consultation
The home design and planning stage is where we help develop the overall design concept as well as begin gathering necessary paperwork required for the project. In this stage typically we will walk through the following:
- Custom concept design.
- Planning and development drawings.
- Town planning submissions and application management.
Building & Construction Documentation
In the building and construction documentation phase, our team will develop detailed working drawings and finalise any documentation and permits required to begin the construction phase, including:
- Working drawings.
- Construction and interior design documentation.
- Consultant engagement and administration (soil report, drainage and structural design, etc).
- Building permit administration and management.
Tendering & Negotiation of Contracts
JKBD also offers negotiation services to clients looking for assistance in soliciting tenders and developing contracts. We can assist with:
- Requesting competitive tenders from our panel of building partners.
- Responding to enquiries from tenders.
- Requesting tender recommendations.